POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : camera-angel : Re: camera-angel Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:27:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: camera-angel
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 17 Jan 2001 17:06:35
Message: <3A66176C.C9FB9E21@gmx.de>
Marc-Hendrik Bremer wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I showed my wife my current work with Pov and she said: "All those walls are
> oblique". And she is right of course. I know, it's a matter of the
> camera-angle and the perspective camera. I looked in the help-file to find
> which is the default camera angle, but can't find it.
> So what is the default angle and which angle will give me more "realistic"
> results (I know, that it's realistic anyway, but ...)
>
> Thanks,

When looking for 'angle' in the camera part of the documentation you find
how it's related to 'direction' which defaults to <0, 0, 1>

Linien).  If you use an orthographic camera, they will not occur at all.

BTW, with a horizontal camera the walls should not be oblique anyway.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>